Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pantai Merdeka @ Kuala Muda, Kedah

Henry Tan | 9:21 PM | | |
During our journey to 3D2N Cinta Sayang Resort Getaway, we went to Pantai Merdeka after our breakfast at Ah Khoon Loh Mee. I used to visit to Pantai Merdeka when I was a little boy with my big family, so just thought it's good to revisit again with baby after such a long time. Pantai Merdeka located in Kuala Muda, Kedah, so it's kinda like one of the exit along the route to Sungai Petani.  

Pantai Merdeka @ Kuala Muda, Kedah




After the breakfast at Ah Khoon Loh Mee at Butterworth, we actually took the old road without toll and highway to get to Sungai Petani. It was kind of spontaneous decision as we wanted to take the road not usually taken and slowly enjoy the scenery through out our journey. It wasn't too bad as Waze shows 1 hour only to get to Sungai Petani using the old road. When we saw "Pantai Merdeka" brown signboard near to Balai Polis Tikam Batu, then only we decided to take the exit. 





According to Wikipedia, Pantai Merdeka is the only sand beach in the mainland Kedah, it is the major attraction for beach goers from all over northern Penang and Kedah State. So that can explains the huge crowds during the weekend that we saw from photos. But again we went on a Friday morning, so not many people at all, which is good! (I hate crowds) 




Unlike my last visit which was long time ago, now there is a big food court with a lot of stalls, but they were not open yet at the point of my arrival. Baby and I just strolled along the beach, while I told her all my childhood memories here, including those time where me and my cousins would be catching small fishes and even harvesting those Siput/Kepah that hidden in the sands. (A lot of digging needed!)




We used to use T-shirt or some clothing to catch those small fishes like ikan bilis (anchovies) or even small prawns right underneath the cement bridge where they love to hide at. But now it seems like it is only possible during high tide. And I don't remember seeing these red rocks all over the beach near to the cement bridge too. 




But these red rocks look unique on the sandy beach, so unique that baby wanted to take photos with it. I did asked baby if she knows why it is called as Pantai Merdeka and I told her because during our Independence Day, there's a bunch of people shouting "Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka!" at here too. 😂 Luckily she's not that naive to believe what I said, but we did have a great laugh there. That's the kind of getaway I would want where both of us get to spend our alone time happily
    





When we were leaving, I grabbed some of the keropok lekor (fish cracker/fish fritter) from the stall that opened early. I had both lekor, which is long-sausage size and chewy, as well as keping, which is thin and crispy one, both selling at 4 for RM1. Quite delicious I would say, given that I don't eat it often as it is quite sinful to eat fried food. 




If you haven't been to Pantai Merdeka, give it a try during the weekend! Cuti-cuti Malaysia can be fun too, especially when you are with your loved ones. Share with me your experience too in the comment below! 


P/S: if you happen to go Pantai Merdeka, you should consider to go Tanjung Dawai for the seafood as well!



Till then. ;)
Happy sightseeing! 
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! Appreciate your feedback! ^^

 
Copyright © 2015 I Blog My Way • All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Templates Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger