Friday, September 21, 2018

Blue Boat House @ Perth, Western Australia

Henry Tan | 4:38 PM | |
Where to go in Perth? Icon for Perth? Blue Boat House definitely is the first that comes to mind. It is certainly the number one spot in Perth for people to take photo and to "check-in" in most of the social media like Facebook and Instagram. Like the common saying in those TV Show, "Don't say you been to Perth if you have not taken a photo with Blue Boat House!"  πŸ˜‚


Blue Boat House also officially known as Crawley Edge Boatshed, which is thought to have been originally constructed in the early 1930s. After many years, it continues to be a prominent landmark on the Swan River. The Blue Boat House has also provided stunning backdrops for thousands of photographers around the world and even for wedding photograph


Personally, I think there is nothing special, basically it is just a blue boat house at the river bank with a wooden linking bridge. Like as if anyone can build a boat house at their hometown too and make it viral. I think that's the case here where tourists make it popular with all the photos and I am one of them. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 


During our visit, there were not many people queuing, just a couple taking their wedding photographs. While we were waiting for our turn, a pelican made a surprise entrance by swimming through and under the wooden bridge. I think that was our first time seeing pelican up-close given that we only see pelican-feeding in Kalbarri during our Perth Trip later on. 


We went to Blue Boat House after our lunch at Chicken Rice Corner @ Canning Vale Food Court. We parked our car at University of Western Australia (UWA) and walked over for about 5 minutes. Frankly, bae and I did some search on how we should pose at the Blue Boat House but we ended up posing awkwardly. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚  


Meanwhile, our good friends did better than us, they really shown what the popular phrase means - "pattern more than badminton". Bae and I really gotta improve more on our camera posing before any upcoming travel trip. If you are a pro in posing for photos, please do enlighten us! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™


I always felt that I am a lucky charm, I always brought crowds with me. Everywhere I go, it always ended up crowded immediately after. Best of all, I do not have to queue for long. Maybe our poses attracted them. πŸ˜† Do you feel the same way like I do? πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡


Even though there isn't anything special about Blue Boat House, given that it is the most Instagram-able place, I do think you should still make a trip there. You know posting in social media to tell everyone in the world that you have been to Perth. 😹😹😹


Blue Boat House
2RGG+HJ Crawley, Western Australia, Australia
Opens 24/7
You should be worried if someone pick up your call.


Stay tuned for more Perth posts! 
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! Appreciate your feedback! ^^

 
Copyright © 2015 I Blog My Way • All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Templates Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger