Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fa Chai Hokkien Mee @ Jalan Air Itam

Henry Tan | 8:13 PM | | |
Went this place twice but always not open.
Then finally...

Fa Chai Hokkien Mee!

The usual ingredient! with pork ribs some more! =D


Located at the intersection of Jalan Air Itam and Jalan Kampung Melayu.

Limited space to sit.

But they are so famous that people willing to stand there to eat.

With BARE hands!

I mean to hold the bowl of the hokkien mee. =p
Not eat with your bare hands! HAHAHA
And yes, so hot that they can tahan just for nice food! =DDD

They actually do not have a name!

While Fa Chai was given since their stall is infront of Da Ma Cai.
What I like about their hokkien mee is their soup.
They cooked with soup with pork ribs and prawns which make the soup sweet.

Same method with my mum's!! =DD

In case you didnt read about how my mum's Hokkien mee, click here. =p
Despite the ingredients used, their price is cheap too. =D


Taste: 8/10 (credit to the soup!)
Price: 8/10 (RM2.70 for small and RM3.20 for big! CHEAP!)
Environment: 6/10 (Road side, hard to find car park and table to sit!)
Service: 8/10 (They are fast despite so many people!)
Average: 7.5/10


In case you wanna know how to go, click here.
The operating time from 5pm to 7pm.
Well, not too early nor too late to avoid disappointment. =)

Till then! =D
Share this article

14 comments:

  1. LOL, u can catch this uncle at around 1-2pm at their own house, not necessary roadside, but u will be asked to "tapao" if u do so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow really? but i dunno where's their house. haha
      anyhow my still prefer my mum's! =p

      Delete
  2. hehehe nvm la next time if i go penang, i want some from ur mum better than uncle at the roadside :P

    Latest: Pretty Whitesoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol provided you are important enough that my mum will suddenly go cook for u. =p

      Delete
  3. Aiyor...roadside stall, eat by the road as well. I would be dripping in my sweat and with carbon monoxide fumes added...no, thanks... I wouldn't mind tapao-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah...aneh ho liao.. I never try this place out loh!!! ><

    ReplyDelete
  5. T_T i should go there went i was in penang!! Now i have to wait for few years more to catch this uncle. Bo fair ahhhh.... ;,(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha then you should find me mah then i can tell u where to go . =p

      Delete
  6. seems to be very good and it is at very far away :D

    our place here do have lot of nice food which is hidden and keep for self usage or as a family tradition, I hope u get what I mean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Appreciate your feedback! ^^

 
Copyright © 2015 I Blog My Way • All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Templates Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger