Friday, September 28, 2012

Budget 2013 Key Highlights

Henry Tan | 9:19 PM |
Well, today is one of the important day.
Because...

Budget 2013!!

Was announced today evening.
Especially this year is Election Year.
Good proposals will, of course, be expected to "buy" people's heart.

There's whole list of Budget 2013 you could read it here.
Personally I will just talk about those that related to me directly.

1. RM200 One-off Rebate for 3G Smartphone for Youth
*Through the Youth Communication Package, a one-off rebate of RM200 will be provided for the purchase of one unit of 3G smartphone from authorised dealers. The initiative is for youths aged between 21 to 30 years with a monthly income of RM3,000 and below. A sum of RM300 million is allocated benefiting 1.5 million youths.
They didn't mention if is gross income or net income.
So I'm not sure if I'm qualified since I'm at the border. >.<

2. 50% Discount on KTM Komuter
*50% discount on KTM Komuter fares extended to all Malaysians with a monthly income of RM3,000 and below and who travel by KTM Komuter.
Again, not sure if I'm qualified.
Anyhow, if only Penang got KTM Komuter. =.=

3. PR1MA Build 80,000 Affordable Houses
*A total of RM500 million will be spent by PR1MA to build 80,000 houses in major locations nationwide with the selling price ranging between RM100,000 and RM400,000 per unit. Among the locations are Kuala Lumpur, Shah Alam, Johor Bahru, Seremban and Kuantan.
Kinda disappointed that Penang is not included. TT

4. My First Home Scheme limit increase to RM5k
*To enable more Malaysian own their first residential property, My First Home Scheme, which was launched under the previous Budget, will be improved by increasing the income limit for individual loans from RM3,000 to RM5,000 per month or joint loans of husband and wife of up to RM10,000 per month.
My previous post about My First Home Scheme.
I could just say all are too good to be true.
Since all properties are expensive nowadays.

5. Individual Tax Income Rate Reduced
*Individual income tax rate to be reduced by 1 percentage point for each grouped annual income tax exceeding RM2,500 to RM50,000. The measure will remove 170,000 taxpayers from paying tax as well as provide savings on their tax payment.
Well, at least better than nothing.

6. PTPTN Discount
*PTPTN loans: Incentive - repayment of full loan from 1 October 2012 until 30 September 2013, a discount of 20% will be given on their loan. Regular repayment gets a 10% discount.
I would probably consider the 10% discount of regular repayment.
But still have to check with their TnC first.

So that's basically all that directly related me.
However, nothing much that affected me. Sigh.

What about you?

How you think about the Budget 2013?
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! Appreciate your feedback! ^^

 
Copyright © 2015 I Blog My Way • All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Templates Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger